Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Prompt from Twitterlit: "The cop car I rode in the night I was arrested was really clean"


The cop car I rode in the night I was arrested was really clean, which really surprised me. I don’t know, I guess its from watching all those cop shows where they are arresting all those drunks, or trashy looking people and you just expect that the car would would reflect that.
I wondered as I sat there what other people were thinking. You know on tv when they do those interviews the neighbors all say the same thing. “He seemed like the nicest person you would never suspect that he was an axe murderer,” or some such nonsense. I hoped they didn’t think I was some sort of axe murderer or something like that.
It was all rather bizarre. I had worked late, as I usually do. Come home to a bowl of cheerios and the 7 o’clock news when there was a knock at the door. When I went to the door there were two policemen who had apparently come to arrest me for I’m not even exactly sure what they were arresting me for but they were very polite about it all. Something about robbing the convenience store down the street, a stolen vehicle and the attempted murder of Devin Conway.
I had no idea what they were talking about but they had a search warrant, and handcuffs. I rode to the station believing that there had been some sort of mistake and when I tried to explain to them as well as the people at the police station they seemed to not really understand me. They found a handgun and some candy bar wrappers in my apartment and now it looks like I may be going to jail. They keep asking me if I want to call my lawyer, but of course I don't have a lawyer. So I don't really know what's going to happen from here. When they asked me about the handgun and the candy wrappers I dont' have any answers. I don't know where the handgun came from, but the candy wrappers, well I didn't know it was a crime to eat Three Musketeers Bars.

2 comments:

PlanoJohn said...

Man...you always suck me into these stories....I love them. I'd read more if you had more. <3

Anonymous said...

good stuff. Get a lawyer. That can be nasty stuff the criminal justice system.