Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I told you

“Where’ve you been? I told you,” she said. “I needed you here.”
“I’m sorry I don’t remember you telling me.”
She sighed.
“You’re late you were supposed to have been here hours ago.” she said. “I told you.”
“Sorry, I got busy and didn’t realize how late it was.”
She shakes her head.
“Hello? Are you coming home soon? I told you I needed you here.” She said.
“I’m sorry. I didn’t know.”
She sighed as she hung up the phone..
“Don’t you understand? You’re missing everything. I need you here.” She looked at him hoping for something in his eyes, or face but there was only resignation.
“I’m sorry. What do you want from me? I’m doing the best I can.”
Days passed, then weeks, and months, the silence grew higher and the walls got thicker, the air colder.
He awoke one morning alone, the reality settling in and then, finally, he understood.

No comments: